Cannot start lab: AWS account deactivated

I have enrolled in a course on Coursera. To perform a week 1 lab assignment, I logged into the AWS lab environment provided by the Vocareum, and for a few minutes it worked. After that I got the error like “AWS access is deactivated”, even if my lab time had not expired. I have reported the same to the Vocarium support team also.

I have just filled the google form also for reporting this issue. Please get my account reinstated.

1 Like

Hi Avadhut. You should be able to access the lab now.

1 Like

Hi,
Its same with me, still with yellow, and not coming green and not able to launch the assignment. Please help

1 Like

Hi Ashish. Kindly fill out this form and we will get back to you asap.

For other lab concerns, please visit the FAQ here before creating a new topic.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi Chris,

Thanks for providing the pointers. I have the same issue and filled the form mentioned above. Please let me know what I should expect and the timeline associated with it.

Best
Indranil

1 Like

Thank you and the team for resolving the issue Chris. I was able to complete the lab.

1 Like

Can you also pls help me, i have a similar problem for lab 3

1 Like

Hi Chris! Having the same issue with lab 2. I have just filled in this form, please could you kindly help me with this issue?
Thanks a lot!

With best regards,
Eugene

1 Like

this is stu sugarman
i have the same issue
please send me the form to get my account reactived

1 Like

Chris - can you send me the form mentioned in this post
i have the same problem.
if the form is already in the post, i can’t find it
Please help.

1 Like

hi Chris
i filled out the google form (actually a few times)
when can i expect ti have AWS reactivated so i can do the lab?
thanks, a lot!

1 Like

I have the same issue, I just tried to do it for the first time. I was trying to fill out the form but it’s asking me for my user name here, I don’t know what it is so I am hoping that if I post something the username will appear

1 Like

Actually never mind, ignore the form, I just requested a refund from Coursera, I am going to watch the free videos only without paying for the labs, this AWS backend is very slow and unstable, very frustrating. I like the backends you used in the NLP certification and the Deep Learning certification, and in the classes in the DeepLearning.AI site. Those were very stable. Is there any chance you are changing the backend? I would enroll and pay again if we have a stable backend. As it stands I don’t want to waste 20 minutes for the instance to start, and then waste an hour going through the exercise, to have it die on me again and kick me out again, and then having to wait for a manual restart by submitting the form.

1 Like

I closed the lab without completing it. When I hit “start lab” again, I always get “account is still in cleanup”. How can I solve the problem?

1 Like

The AWS is green. I clicked it. But it does not bring me to AWS Management Console.

1 Like

Hi Muhmut. Can you let me know where the AWS button takes you? I don’t think we’ve encountered that before. Thanks!

Also, this seems to be a different kind of issue from the original topic. You can create a new topic instead to make it more visible. We can continue the discussion there. Thanks again.

@chris.favila I have filled the form. Can you check it for me? Thanks!

Hi everyone. Closing this topic because there is a known solution. You can see it highlighted in the top post. If you have other concerns, please create a new topic. Thanks!

1 Like