Getting “ResourceLimitExceeded” when selecting `ml.m5.2xlarge`

• Week 1 LAB
  • Description

Failed to start kernel
Failed to launch app [sagemaker-data-science-ml-m5-large-685ada67a98eea46e68c3200c9bf]. AccessDeniedException: User: arn:aws:sts::906621187773:assumed-role/sagemaker-studio-vpc-firewall-us-east-1-sagemaker-execution-role/SageMaker is not authorized to perform: sagemaker:CreateApp on resource: arn:aws:sagemaker:us-east-1:906621187773:app/d-fspbdixiz1nh/sagemaker-user-profile-us-east-1/kernelgateway/sagemaker-data-science-ml-m5-large-685ada67a98eea46e68c3200c9bf with an explicit deny in a service control policy (Context: RequestId: 25833267-8225-4230-8b9b-e6c77080f8da, TimeStamp: 1713747822.0170782, Date: Mon Apr 22 01:03:42 2024)

1 Like

Make sure you choose the correct processing unit!

Also try to use the Labs in browser in cognito mode.

If the error still persists give it a try after a day, let us know if the error is still there after that!

1 Like

Hello @SIVA_SHANKAR_S

@[quote=“gent.spah, post:2, topic:614139”]
Also try to use the Labs in browser in cognito mode.
[/quote]

@gent.spah can I know the reason for this??

When I had such issue, the option was to go through FAQ point 8 and fill the form

This is the form :point_down:

Regards
DP

Because sometimes it uses your own account and then the free data allocated to you is finished and it stops there or bills you!

1 Like

You could use the form also but most of the time the issues are either the user is not doing something right or the AWS is cleaning up, from what I have noticed anyways!

1 Like

Hi Siva. From the error message you posted, it looks like you selected ml.m5.large:

That will indeed throw an error as Gent also alluded to. Please scroll down in the “Other Instances” section and select ml.m5.2xlarge instead as mentioned in the instructions. Hope this helps.

Hi Gent and Deepti. Hope this also helps in troubleshooting in case other learners post a similar error message. You can determine it by looking at the error message as quoted above.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes @chris.favila thank you, as I said most of the time the user is selecting something wrong.

2 Likes

Oops completely missed catching that message :crazy_face:

Thank you @chris.favila

Regards
DP

1 Like